“Tools for Success- Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things”
is theme for the Virginia Council for Litter Prevention and Recycling (VCLPR) Fall Conference to be October 19-20 in Lynchburg, Virginia
Friday, August 12, 2011 – Fairfax, Virginia – Jen Cole, President, Virginia Council for Litter Prevention and Recycling (VCLPR) today announced that the annual professional conference will be held October 19-20 in Lynchburg, VA. The theme for this year’s conference is “Tools for Success- Ordinary People Doing Extraordinary Things”.
The conference will be geared toward litter and recycling program managers; solid waste management professionals; non-profit’s that provide litter and recycling programs and education to the public; and any business, college or university that has a sustainable recycling or Close the Loop mission.
By selecting the Virginia Green certified Wingate by Wyndham-Lynchburg hotel as the conference venue all attendees will “walk the talk” as hotel located at 3777 Candlers Mountain Road offers a multitude of “green” and “environmentally friendly” best practices.
The Conference sessions include:
- Green Lodging (Wingate by Wyndham-Lynchburg)
- Show Me the $$. Best Practices in Maximizing Convenience Center Recycling
- Meet the Authors – new book and companion guide by two Northern Virginia educators—
- Cover Your Load…It’s the Law
- “Green” Scavenger Hunt” , Networking Reception and Silent Auction
- Curbside Value Partnership and National Programs “Best Practicies” Incresing Curbside Participation
- Inquiring Minds Want to Know…Everything about Landfills! New Resource by VA TREKKERS
- How Hazardous in Your Waste…Local Programs to Address HHW
- New Program Manager Mentoring Session
- Much more
Attendees will leave with a full “toolkit” of proven resources to implement for program success!
Download conference agenda and day rate (s)registration at : www.cvwma.com/storage/File/Registration_form_2011%20VCLPR%20Conference_1.pdf For room reservations, availability call (434) 845-1700
REGISTER EARLY! Spaces are Limited!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Please contact
Nancy Drumheller, VCLPR Planning Committee